Your sole source of information regarding persecuted Christians of Egypt.  [Learn More]

Education
Impact
Action
Donate

Hezbollah Chief Claims Last Week's Attack on IDF Soldiers

Hizbullah chief Hassan NasrallahHizbullah chief Hassan Nasrallahthe last few minutes, Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah has claimed the bombing attack which injured four Israeli soldiers on the border with Lebanon last week, saying his party "will face" any further border violations by the Jewish state.
 
The Lebanese army had claimed that the four soldiers were located 400 meters inside Lebanese territory when the blast occurred.
 
"An explosion took place and the soldiers were wounded, with blood found at the scene. A military committee has opened an investigation in coordination with UNIFIL, " the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon, it said.
 
In a defiant statement Wednesday, Nasrallah echoed that sentiment, pledging to "confront any crossing of Israelis into Lebanese territories."
 
"We took the decision to target Israelis in Labbouneh because the border is under the control of the Lebanese army and the state," he said, claiming that "The incidence was an intended operation and did not happen by coincidence."
 
The IDF Spokesman's Unit said that the explosion occurred “in the course of activity that took place tonight on the northern border.” The soldiers were taken to hospital for treatment.
 
Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon confirmed the blast, and said the army was "investigating the incident, to see if it was an old bomb, (or) a new bomb… But this operation was of course carried out in a responsible manner."
 
Nasrallah answered that particular question, stating that:
 
"What happened in Labbouneh took place under the sight of the resistances' fighters and we already knew Israelis would cross, which is why we planted explosive devices there. It is a newly planted explosive device and not a remnant of the July 2006 war."

Related Articles

Visit us on:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Search