Created on Saturday, 21 July 2012 14:20
Written by Elad Benari - Arutz Sheva
Bus destroyed in Burgas attack
Bulgarian police are conducting a manhunt for another suspect who is believed to have assisted the terrorist who carried out the attack in Burgas which killed five Israelis and a Bulgarian citizen on Wednesday.
According to a report in NRG-Ma’ariv, local security forces suspect that the suspect may be in possession of another bomb.
The report said that due to the suspicion that the suspect may have more explosives, extra security was placed in hotels in Burgas where Israelis are known to be staying.
Bulgarian police have distributed a sketch of the suspect among the security officers stationed at the hotels, and asked security officers and hotel managers to be alert.
Earlier, Pentagon spokesman George Little was quoted by Reuters as having that the suicide bombing bore hallmarks of Iranian-backed Hizbullah terrorists.
He added, however, that the U.S. Defense Department has not yet concluded who was behind it. Hizbullah has denied involvement in the terror attack.
Reuters reported that Bulgaria's interior minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, said earlier in the day that the attacker was a foreign national. Sofia was investigating with the help of foreign intelligence services, he said.
All five Israelis killed in the terror attack were to be laid to rest Friday.